Meet Dr. Jennifer Buren
"Being an orthodontist is the best job in the world! I love that our patients allow us to become a part of their lives and really get to know them. Since we first meet many of our patients as young children, we have a unique opportunity to watch them grow up over the years and blossom into wonderful young adults with healthy, beautiful smiles!
My interest in orthodontics started at an early age. I had the opportunity to work in our office while I was in high school and during that time saw just how important orthodontic treatment was to our patients and their families. I was so excited to return to my hometown in 2006 and join my father in the practice I had grown up admiring."
Education and Experience
- Grinnell College, BA in Biology
- The University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- The Unviversity of Iowa College of Dentistry, Master of Science (MS) Master's Thesis Project studying the prevention of decalcification (white spot) formation during orthodontic treatment is published in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (AJODO)
- The University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Certificate in Orthodontics
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate Status
Professional Affiliations and Continuing Education
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Iowa Society of Orthodontists
- Des Moines Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Iowa Dental Association
Through these organizations, Dr Buren has access to numerous continuing education opportunities. By taking courses, attending meetings and seminars, and studying the latest journals, she keeps abreast of innovative technologies, new materials, emerging trends, and the latest research. This ensures we are using the most effective and efficient treatment modalities available.
Beyond the Practice
Dr Buren and her husband, Chris, have two sons, William and Samuel, along with a Black Lab named Sadie and a tabby cat who goes by Mr. Peabody. She enjoys watching movies, attending Hawkeye Football games, and time with family and friends.